TWCS readers: We've had complaints about the default story/chapter size being too small for awhile now. We've figured out a way to increase the default size. Its now three which we think is a reasonable size for desktop/laptop users. We'll keep you advised of future issues and improvements.
--Admin Team on 16 Aug 2015 7:02 PM
Do you shop on Amazon? Want to help support the TWCS Library? Just click this link and do your shopping as usual and TWCS will get a credit which helps support our servers and keep TWCS Library free. http://tinyurl.com/ks7okfk
--Admin Team on 07 Jun 2015 12:11 PM
If you need to contact the Admin Team: please email Library@twcslibrary.net
1. SQL Error: We've been having issues with the server/database. Chapters will post successfully and email alerts will go out to those who have your story favorited. However, when the server goes to return a successful posting message to you and updates the most current date, that error occurs. If you get the SQL error, check the table of contents. Do not hit refresh (f5) or resumbit the chapter, as that will post duplicates.
2. Update Date Issues: We are aware that here is a intermittent issue with stories not showing the most recent update date. This will cause them to stay in the current update position of your favorites lists. We are working on resolving this.
In the interim, authors can contact us at email@example.com. to correct the date to the right one. When the dates are fixed, this will shift the stories in your favorites lists and the Most Recent lists accordingly. We're fixing them as fast as the authors inform us of dates.
However email alerts are still going out when authors update chapter so please ensure you have "Contact when favorites are updated" checked in the My Preferences section of My Account so you will get an email alert.
2. SQL Error: We've been having issues with the server/database. Chapters will post successfully and email alerts will go out to those who have your story favorited. However, when the server goes to return a successful posting message to you and updates the most current date, that error occurs. If you get the SQL error, check the table of contents. Do not hit refresh (f5) or resumbit the chapter, as that will post duplicates.
3. Internet Explorer: Some versions of Internet Explorer are not compatible with our programming. Many features will NOT not work if you use IE. We've has some success with IE11 with reading and leaving reviews though. You might want to access the Library using Firefox, Chrome, Safari or Dolphin browsers.
4. Stories with Sexual Content: Just a quick reminder to authors with lemons in their stories:
Underage sex is fine so long as both parties are underage, but adults having sex with underage children/minors (below the age of consent for the country/state of the story) is considered pedophilia which is against our terms of service/submission rules. Stories violating this rule will be deleted.
In general, the age of consent in most states/countries is 16. The only exception would be a Romeo/Juliet defense where they had a prior relationship while both were underage at the time before one became an adult.
5. Ratings Questions: Authors often ask how to pick a rating for their stories. Our ratings are K, T, M, and NC17. If you compare them to movie ratings it would look something like this:
K = G Clean. Something you would let your 5 yr old see/read
T = PG A few bad words here and there and maybe a little violence like a fist fight or an explosion. Something a 12 year old or younger would be able to watch
M = PG13 Violence, maybe a death, making out with clothes on. Bad words without sexual connotations. Gunshots, explosions, heavier story lines that are non-sexual in nature. Something you would let your young teen see/watch (12-16 year old crowd).
NC-17 = R or X. Excessive violence like mass or graphic murder described; Sexual content of all sorts; Excessive cursing; Think 17 year old and above.
6. Spam and Reject Notices: We've gotten reports that our email story/chapter alerts are being directed to spam on Gmail. Please add firstname.lastname@example.org to your contact lists and this will hopefull start redirecting them back into your inbox.
We've been getting alot of reject notices from email alerts and password change requests. Sadly some email providers send our emails to spam or block them entirely. Those include (but are not limited to) AOL, COX, Comcast, Hotmail and RR. It is suggested that you add Library@twcslibrary.net to your address book or add to your white list of acceptable email senders. If you need a password reset, please email Library@twcslibrary.net
--Admin Team on 07 Jun 2015 12:05 PM